Who will benefit from ECHO…THE NOTEBOOK & THE WORKBOOK?
- Perfect for cardiac sonography students: clear objectives, user friendly, easy to follow format, packed with images & diagrams, detailed summaries at the end of every chapter, & 1030 practice questions.
- Used as required textbooks in conjunction with ECHO...THE NB7 PowerPoint by diagnostic medical sonography/cardiovascular technology programs & educators across North America.
- Registry-eligible cardiac sonographers: great resource & study guide for the ARDMS RDCS or CCI RCS exam.
- Registered cardiac sonographers can enjoy a fun, affordable, self-instructional activity that can be done at your own pace, in the comfort of your home.
How do I apply for SDMS CME credits?
ECHO…THE NOTEBOOK 7 & THE WORKBOOK 7 are approved by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (SDMS) as a self-instructional activity for 26 SDMS CME credits until 5/7/2022. In order to apply for CME credits:
- Purchase ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 7 ($95) & THE WORKBOOK 7 ($45).
- Pay to apply for CME credits ($200).
- Complete & submit the CME ANSWER SECTION & SDMS CME evaluation form (in the back of THE WORKBOOK).
- If you score 75% or better, receive your CME certificate via the SDMS Certificate Wizard. If you do not pass, you get two more attempts, but so far everyone has passed on their first attempt!
Do I need to be a member of the SDMS to apply for credits?
SDMS membership is not necessary to apply for CME credits or to receive your certificate via the SDMS CME Certificate Wizard.
Who accepts SDMS CME credits?
SDMS CME credits are accepted by ARDMS, CCI, ARRT, and CARDUP. If you are associated with another organization or registry, please check with them to see if they accept SDMS CME credits.
Are ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK & THE WORKBOOK good study guides for the ARDMS &/or CCI adult echo exams?
Yes! ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 7 contains a lot of the material on the adult echo exams, but not 100%. ECHO...THE WORKBOOK 7 has 1030 practice questions that coincide perfectly with ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 7 and improve retention of the material.
What makes ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK & THE WORKBOOK unique?
ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 7 & THE WORKBOOK 7 are affordable, useful, and comprehensible by all. The outline format is packed with definitions, updates, recommendations, sketches, diagrams, echo images, and summaries that bring a more simplistic & visual approach to learning. The questions include multiple choice, true/false, matching, and even some coloring sections! Only available as print books; no e-books or digital copies available.
Does ECHO...THE WORKBOOK include an answer key?
ECHO...THE WORKBOOK 7 is used as a textbook/test book in programs around the world, it is the post-test for the CME activity, and every single question is answered in THE NOTEBOOK 7; therefore, it does not come with an answer key. Every single WORKBOOK question is answered in THE NOTEBOOK--you just need to read and it is pretty straight-forward.
What is ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 7 POWERPOINT?
7 POWERPOINT is a valuable teaching tool (for schools only) that corresponds with and supports ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 7. It comes on a thumb drive and has 500+ colorful slides broken down into 20 chapters consisting of an outline of THE NOTEBOOK 7, every image & diagram, and 600+ interactive pop quiz questions with hidden answers in the comments section.
What material is covered? Here is a basic Table of Contents:
I. Normal Cardiac Anatomy & Physiology
II. Basic Embryology & Fetal Circulation
III. Intro to Transthoracic Echocardiogram
IV. The Transthoracic Echocardiogram
V. The Transesophageal Echocardiogram
VI. The Stress Echocardiogram
VII. Intro to Cardiac Catheterization
VIII. Valvular Heart Disease
IX. Prosthetic Heart Valves
X. Infective Endocarditis
XI. Ischemic Heart Disease
XII. Cardiomyopathy Disease States
XIII. Heart Failure
XV. Pericarditis/Constrictive Pericarditis
XVI. Pericardial Effusion & Tamponade
XVII. Tumors, Thrombus, & Missiles
XVIII. Disease of the Aorta
XIX. Intro to Congenital Heart Disease
XX. Intro to 3D Echocardiography & Real Time 3D (4DE)