How is 8 different from 7?
- ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8 & THE WORKBOOK 8 were released in September 2022 and 7 was released in Jan 2018; therefore, 8 is more up-to-date, contains new info, and has been reorganized & is even more user-friendly.
- 8 is approved as a self-instructional activity for 31 SDMS CME credits until 12/8/23. ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 7 & THE WORKBOOK 7 are approved for 26 SDMS CME credits until 5/8/23. The participant is allowed to submit both as they are completely different activities.
- 8 is a more updated version of 7 & also includes: cardiac equations page, instrumentation, right ventricular diastolic function, agitated saline study, ultrasound enhancement agent, blunt cardiac injury, cardiac devices, the current SE report recommendations, heart transplant, cardio-oncology, nonvalvular atrial fibrillation, LV non-compaction cardiomyopathy, and a few other things!
- ECHO...THE WORKBOOK 8 has been reorganized with all new questions (multiple choice, true/false, matching & coloring sections).
- The new INSTRUCTOR PACKAGE 8 is available to programs & schools that require ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8 & THE WORKBOOK 8 as student textbooks. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Who will benefit from ECHO…THE NOTEBOOK & THE WORKBOOK?
- Perfect for cardiac sonography students: clear objectives, user friendly, easy to follow format, packed with images & diagrams, detailed summaries at the end of every chapter, and 1000+ practice questions.
- Used as required textbooks in conjunction with ECHO...THE NB PowerPoint by diagnostic medical sonography programs, cardiovascular technology programs & educators across North America.
- Registry-eligible cardiac sonographers: great resource & study guide for ARDMS/CCI exams.
- Registered cardiac sonographers can enjoy a fun, affordable, self-instructional activity that can be done at your own pace, in the comfort of your home or office.
How do I apply for SDMS CME credits?
ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8 & THE WORKBOOK 8 are approved by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Society (SDMS) as a self-instructional activity for 31 SDMS CME credits until 12/8/23. ECHO…THE NOTEBOOK 7 & THE WORKBOOK 7 are approved by the SDMS as a self-instructional activity for 26 SDMS CME credits until 5/8/2023 (final deadline). These are completely different activities, so the participant can submit both 7 & 8! In order to apply for CME credits:
- Purchase ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK & THE WORKBOOK (as a set).
- Pay to apply for CME credits.
- Complete & submit the CME ANSWER SECTION & SDMS CME evaluation form located in the back of THE WORKBOOK.
- If you score 75% or better, receive your CME certificate! If you do not pass, you get two more attempts.
Do I need to be a member of the SDMS to apply for credits?
SDMS membership is not necessary to apply for CME credits or to receive your certificate.
Who accepts SDMS CME credits?
SDMS CME credits are accepted by ARDMS, CCI, ARRT, and Sonography Canada. If you are associated with another organization or registry, please check with them to see if they accept SDMS CME credits.
Are ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK & THE WORKBOOK great study guides for the ARDMS/CCI adult echo exams?
Yes! ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8 contains a lot of the material on the adult echo exams, but not 100%. ECHO...THE WORKBOOK 8 has 1135 practice questions that coincide perfectly with ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8 and improve retention of the material.
What makes ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK & THE WORKBOOK unique?
ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK & THE WORKBOOK are affordable, useful, and comprehensible by all. The outline format is packed with definitions, updates, recommendations, sketches, diagrams, echo images, and summaries that bring a more simplistic & visual approach to learning. The questions include multiple choice, true/false, matching & even some coloring sections!
Does ECHO...THE WORKBOOK include an answer key?
ECHO...THE WORKBOOK is used as a textbook/test book in many programs and it is the post-test for the CME activity; therefore, it does not come with an answer key. However, every single WORKBOOK question is clearly answered in THE NOTEBOOK...you just need to read and it is pretty straight-forward!
What is ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK POWERPOINT?
ECHO...THE NB 8 POWERPOINT is a valuable teaching tool (for schools & programs only) that corresponds with and supports ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8. It comes on a flash drive and has 500+ colorful slides broken down into 21 chapters consisting of an outline of THE NOTEBOOK 8, every image & diagram, and 600+ interactive pop quiz questions with hidden answers in the comments section.
What material is covered?
I. Normal Cardiac Anatomy & Physiology
II. Basic Embryology & Fetal Circulation
III. Intro to Transthoracic Echocardiogram
IVa/b. Transthoracic Echocardiogram/Diastology & More!
V. Transesophageal Echocardiogram
VI. Stress Echocardiogram
VII. Intro to Cardiac Catheterization
VIII. Valvular Heart Disease
IX. Prosthetic Heart Valves
X. Infective Endocarditis
XI. Ischemic Heart Disease
XII. Cardiomyopathy Disease States
XIII. Heart Failure
XV. Pericarditis/Constrictive Pericarditis
XVI. Pericardial Effusion & Tamponade
XVII. Tumors, Thrombi, Missiles & More
XVIII. Disease of the Aorta
XIX. Intro to Congenital Heart Disease
XX. Intro to 3D Echocardiography & Real Time 3D (4DE)