How is 8 different from 7?
- ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8 is more up-to-date (released Sept 2022 vs 7 that was released Jan 2018), contains a lot of new info, and has been refreshed & reorganized...but is still super user-friendly!
- New info in 8 (not in 7): cardiac equations page, instrumentation, right ventricular diastolic function, agitated saline study, ultrasound enhancement agent, blunt cardiac injury, cardiac devices, the current SE report recommendations, heart transplant, cardio-oncology, nonvalvular atrial fibrillation, LV non-compaction cardiomyopathy, and a few other things!
- ECHO...THE WORKBOOK 8 has been completely reorganized with new questions, matching, and coloring sections.
- INSTRUCTOR PACKAGE 8 is available to programs, schools, and approved OTJ programs that require ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8 & THE WORKBOOK 8 as student textbooks. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Who will benefit from ECHO…THE NOTEBOOK & THE WORKBOOK?
- Perfect for cardiac sonography students with clear objectives, a user friendly format, tons of images & diagrams, detailed summaries at the end of each chapter, and 1135 practice questions.
- Programs & instructors use as required textbooks in conjunction with ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8 PowerPoint.
- Registry-eligible cardiac sonographers use as a study guide for the ARDMS/CCI exam.
- Registered cardiac sonographers use as a great resource in the lab while earning CME credits on a fun, affordable, self-instructional activity that can be done in the comfort of their home or office without travel or conference expenses.
How do I apply for SDMS CME credits?
ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8 & THE WORKBOOK 8 are approved by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Society (SDMS) as a self-instructional activity for 31 SDMS CME credits until 12/8/23. 7 & 8 are completely different activities, so the participant can submit 8 even if they did 7 in the past! In order to apply for CME credits:
Do I need to be a member of the SDMS to apply for credits?
SDMS membership is not necessary to apply for CME credits or to receive your certificate.
Who accepts SDMS CME credits?
SDMS CME credits are accepted by ARDMS, CCI, ARRT, and Sonography Canada. If you are associated with another organization or registry, please check with them to see if they accept SDMS CME credits.
Are these good study guides for the ARDMS/CCI adult echo exam?
Yes! ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8 contains a lot of the material on the adult echo exams, but not 100%. ECHO...THE WORKBOOK 8 has 1135 practice questions that coincide perfectly with ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8 and improve retention of the material.
What makes ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK & THE WORKBOOK unique?
ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK & THE WORKBOOK are affordable, useful, and comprehensible by all. The outline format is packed with definitions, updates, recommendations, sketches, diagrams, echo images, and summaries that bring a more simplistic & visual approach to learning. The questions include multiple choice, true/false, matching and even some coloring sections!
Does ECHO...THE WORKBOOK include an answer key?
ECHO...THE WORKBOOK is the post-test for my CME activity; therefore, it does not come with an answer key. However, every single WORKBOOK question is answered in THE NOTEBOOK...you just need to read and you will find the answers and LEARN!
What is ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK PowerPoint?
ECHO...THE NB 8 PowerPoint is a valuable teaching tool that corresponds with and supports ECHO...THE NOTEBOOK 8. It comes on a flash drive and has 500+ colorful slides broken down into 21 chapters consisting of an outline of THE NOTEBOOK 8, every image & diagram, and 600+ interactive pop quiz questions with hidden answers. This is only for programs, schools, and approved OTJ programs!
What material is covered?
I. Normal Cardiac Anatomy & Physiology
II. Basic Embryology & Fetal Circulation
III. Intro to Transthoracic Echocardiogram
IVa/b. Transthoracic Echocardiogram/Diastology & More!
V. Transesophageal Echocardiogram
VI. Stress Echocardiogram
VII. Intro to Cardiac Catheterization
VIII. Valvular Heart Disease
IX. Prosthetic Heart Valves
X. Infective Endocarditis
XI. Ischemic Heart Disease
XII. Cardiomyopathy Disease States
XIII. Heart Failure
XV. Pericarditis/Constrictive Pericarditis
XVI. Pericardial Effusion & Tamponade
XVII. Tumors, Thrombi, Missiles & More
XVIII. Disease of the Aorta
XIX. Intro to Congenital Heart Disease
XX. Intro to 3D Echocardiography & Real Time 3D (4DE)